Design A Cake Software?

Business By sweetnessx3 Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 3:29pm by sweetcakes

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 2:21am
post #1 of 11

Is there a program that you can use to take to consultations to design a cake on the spot icon_smile.gif If so which one and where do you get one ?

Thanks , Lisa

10 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 2:25am
post #2 of 11

To be honest, we've found that a pencil and engineer's pad works better than any software we've seen out there.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 2:47am
post #3 of 11

There is software, but it really is just okay. I would love something to help me because I can't draw worth anything!!!

sweetnessx3 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 2:54am
post #4 of 11

Darn ....I was really wishing for better news lol Thanks !

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 11:14am
post #5 of 11

I bought Wedding Cake Design Pro. It is limited and I do like it but like I said it is limited. I wish there was a free trial on it but there wasn't.

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 12:26pm
post #6 of 11

I used word and made templates for diffent size rounds and squares. Stacked, unstacked... I can print it out several on one page and draw on it. I find that works best for me.

sweetnessx3 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 11

Kaat@ Thank you thats a great idea !

j0z1e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j0z1e Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 6:01am
post #8 of 11

Google has a free program called Sketch-Up, there's also a pro version for a fee, and it does 3-D models. I've created template cakes in rounds and squares, and you can do some simple designs. I think you could even do some really detailed work in the pro version, but I'm still figuring out the free one. Aside from that you could look into other 3-D modeling programs like Blender (also free), and if you just want 2-D there is always GIMP (basically a free version of photoshop).There are other graphics editing and 3-D modeling programs out there, but most of them are quite pricey as they are used by graphic and game designers, etc... Good Luck!

sweetnessx3 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 1:12am
post #9 of 11

Thanks Joz1e, Ive downloaded the Gimp and oh my ....Ive alot to learn lol ! Thank you!

j0z1e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j0z1e Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 2:44am
post #10 of 11

Heh, yeah it's huge! I had taken a digital photography class years ago and learned photoshop so a few things I knew translated over, but there's still tons that I don't know how do in it. My husband uses it for web design so he's better at certain things, so between the two of use we can usually get things done! icon_razz.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:29pm
post #11 of 11

if you print up some size combinations then laminate them you can draw on them with dry erase markers, erase when you need to then once your happy with the design make a paper copy. then erase your laminated board ready for the next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%