Cupcake - Buttercream Roses?!

Baking By Cakefield-cakes Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 12:23am by cheatize

Cakefield-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakefield-cakes Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 8

Hi People

Hoping someone maybe able to help! i want to be able to pipe roses on to cupcakes for my Bouquets but finding it very difficult it seems to be the only thing i cant do and is now annoying me!

Any help would be fab!! icon_cry.gif

Thank you xx

7 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valkstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valkstar Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 8

I use the 2D tip to do roses. You can see some in my photos .... HTH.

Cakefield-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakefield-cakes Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 9:12am
post #4 of 8

icon_biggrin.gif thank you people i will be trying these tonight! fingers crossed! x

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 8

Depending on which rose you want...
For the rose swirl I use tip 1M
For the actual rose (petals) I use tip#103 (check out my pictures)

chef2be Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chef2be Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 8

I sometimes have trouble rotating the cupcake-it's a bit more difficult than with a rose nail. You can buy a large rose nail and if you use a large rose tip pipe onto that and then move the flower to your cupcake. The only advice I have is to practice, practice, practice. My largest rose nail is a Wilton 14 and I like to use a Wilton 126 rose tip or a 2D. The 14 rose nail is actually about the size of the top of the cupcake. You can also secure your cupcake to the tip to help with the rotation. For super large roses I use a Wilton 127D.

Ybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ybird Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 8

Hi iv done a phew roses so far and had real fun doing them because you ca get so many different looks. in my pictures i have a tyte rose that i done but have done some really nice open ones in purple tht i still have to upload. i done them with a large rose nozzel.
With your problem with rotating i find i do each petal seperatly so its easy to stop and turn then do the next bit, also gives me 2 minuites to stop and give my hand a rest icon_biggrin.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 12:23am
post #8 of 8

Wilton sells a nail for cupcakes. It's white plastic and has a lip around it to keep the cupcake on it. I don't own one, but I've seen it at Michaels.

I have better luck holding a cupcake at an angle and working my way around than I do holding it upright and turning it. I can only get so far before my wrist turn is maxed out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%