Help ! Cream Cheese Frosting Runny ?

Decorating By wiggler Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 10:37pm by wiggler

wiggler Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 10

I have just made cream cheese icing and it is way too runny . I took a chance on low fat cream cheese as thats all that I could get today . Big mistake ! icon_sad.gif I tried adding a bit more sugar but its still runny . Any ideas how to thicken it up ? THANKS

9 replies
wiggler Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 10

Anyone ?

simplysouthern Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 10

Low fat really wouldn't make it runny, I use low fat cc when baking for my family and never have an issue. Not sure what recipe you're using but how much liquid to powder sugar did you use?

Charmaine49 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 10

I made some yesterday, but used the fullcream cottage cheese and it worked perfectly...
I have heard you shouldn't use the low fat as it won't work...
so, I would suggest running out to the store and getting a "fullcream" of
either cottage cheese or cream cheese...

wiggler Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks ! I will know for next time . Its too late in the evening for me to go to the shops . I added some more butter and it thickened up a bit . Looks like a bit of a mess , but it tastes great !

Charmaine49 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 10

the recipe that I made asks for 110g of butter, but I used more than that....
and I felt it was a bit runny, so I added more icing sugar till I felt it was thick enough...
did you put yours into the fridge to "set" somewhat??

wiggler Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:39pm
post #7 of 10

Yeah , I put it in the fridge for a while and that helped a bit . Think it was the low fat cheese which was the problem , anyway I am looking forward to a slice even if it looks a mess !

Charmaine49 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:42pm
post #8 of 10

I used the last of mine today and the longer it stays in the fridge the more it sets....

so enjoy!!

sending you a PM shortly..

Laurelj Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 10:19pm
post #9 of 10

Here is my recipe, comes out perfect ever time, Taste is great, and so easy to do

8 oz room temp cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 pound sifted powdered sugar (sifted)

Beat cream cheese and butter till light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar and keep beating till fluffy and creamy.

That's all there is too it. Perfect ever time. icon_smile.gif

wiggler Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 10:37pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks for the recipe . I will give it ago next time !

Quote by @%username% on %date%