Help Please Storing Covered Fondant Cake

Decorating By Berrytastiic Updated 14 Feb 2011 , 12:28am by Berrytastiic

Berrytastiic  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Berrytastiic Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 7

Hey I am making a cake for my boyfriend for his birthday. I covered the cake with fondant today. (Sunday) the cake only has butter cream as a filling.... I have to keep putting the cake away so he doesn't see the final pieces. It is a detailed work of art. How do I store the cake until about tuesday evening... Room temperature, freezing it, or can I put it in oven to just sit..

6 replies
 zespri  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 7

since it's covered in fondant, you don't need to freeze it or anything. Just put it in a cake carrier if you need to hide it. Yes, it will sit just fine in the oven.

Berrytastiic Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 7

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif. Thank you so much I gladly appreciate this....

Moondance  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 7

I just keep mine in a cardboard cake box - keeps it clean and dry and will be quite safe as the fondant acts as a sealant icon_smile.gif

simplysouthern  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 7

Oven is fine, just remember its there before turning it on LOL

zespri  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 7

moondance's post reminded me that I just suggested a cake carrier, but I should have clarified that unless air can get in, fondant will go soft. Cardboard box or oven is definitely better!

Berrytastiic Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 12:28am
post #7 of 7

Well I just went to ac moore & purchased the cake box... Ugh doing a surprise cake for someone who lives with you sucks... & I definitely will remember that's its in their b4 turning on.... Does the fondant get soft or hard if left out too long....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%