Shoe Made Out Of Mmf & Tylose?

Decorating By dukeswalker Updated 14 Feb 2011 , 7:16pm by graciesj

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 8

I have a red high heel show to make - I happen to have the perfect amount of perfectly tinted red MMF sitting in a baggy as I type. Do you think I could use it if I mix in a fair amount of tylose?

7 replies
dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 8

anyone? icon_smile.gif

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 8

Absolutely, just use a good amount of Tylose in it and work fast, it the Tylose really dries it out quickly.

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 8

For sure you can. You can tylose to any coloured fondant.If you do have any left over though, rap it tightly. when u go to use it again to pop in the mic' for 10 seconds or put crisco in your hands and let the warmth of your hands do the magic.icon_smile.gif

Mfattore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 2:09am
post #5 of 8

for a pool-ball size lump of MMF, how much tylose? I can never get mine to firm up good.

graciesj Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 8

I always use 1 tsp to 1 pnd of fondant. It will harden. you just make what you have to and it will do the work. I promise.icon_smile.gif

Mfattore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you, I don't think I was using that much. I was putting a tsp in a whole batch but I think that is probably 2-3 pounds. I thought maybe I was using too much but upon further inspection the pieces aren't drying out enough. Thanks again!

graciesj Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 7:16pm
post #8 of 8

you're very welcome. That's y we're hereicon_smile.gifgracie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%