How Do I Make A Small Figure Spin

Decorating By cindybrink Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 7:07pm by mykinkykitchen

cindybrink Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 2

I am trying to figure out how to make a figure on my cake board (1 inch thick piece of wood) to spin and give it a playful special effect?? Any ideas where to start looking???

1 reply
mykinkykitchen Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 2

Hi Cindy~
I do have a couple ideas but I believe that both will require a tall and hallow cake base. My first idea is to go to Radio Shack if you have one close by and get a small hobby motor to mount under the base I wish I was better at step by step instructions but I am not sorry, but the people that work there are very knowledgeable and will have everything you need from the motor to wiring all together its really a very simple task. My second idea is to find a wind up music box with a figurine on it that spins maybe at a Goodwill or Salvation army and take it apart so that you only have the wind up motor left. Again I am sorry I am no good a giving step by step instructions I can put things like this together but cant explain how drives me crazy! Any way hope this helps and if it were me I would opt for the first idea this way you can have more control over the motor and speed it spins at.
Ciao and good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%