Help With Servings Chart Please....

Decorating By Donnabugg Updated 14 Feb 2011 , 12:43am by Donnabugg

Donnabugg Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 4:19am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone. I have a bride who's requested a wedding cake for 135 people. What sizes would you recommend? She's wanting rounds...thanks!

6 replies
cakeandpartygirl Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 4:32am
post #2 of 7

This is a servings chart from wilton that I use to determine serving sizes:

indydebi Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 5:32am
post #3 of 7

Depending on the configuration, the bride may need to decide if she wants a little more or a little less than 135. Remember, rarely does a cake come out to exactly the number of servings requested by the bride.

Donnabugg Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 7

I also use the Wilton chart but I'm either coming up with too much or too little....

leily Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 7

as mentioned you're going to end up with a serving short (if you serve the top tier) with 6-8-10-12, or to many if you go with larger sizes. Whatever configuration you end up doing, make sure you charge for the servings you're providing, not just the servings they want.

The closest i can get is 5-8-11-14 (without the top tier it serves 14icon_cool.gif.
I also use the wilton chart with is based on 8cubic inches of cake (using this 8 cubic inches per servings i was able to figure up the servings for all sizes of cakes, not just what the wilton chart list)

leily Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 7
Originally Posted by Donnabugg

I also use the Wilton chart but I'm either coming up with too much or too little....

VERY rarely will you're cake sizes/servings ever come out to the exact amount that the customer wants. You give them the options of what they can have and then they decide how much they want to pay for.

Donnabugg Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 12:43am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%