Pink Champagne Cake

Baking By countrycaker Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 6:57pm by Sangriacupcake

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:10am
post #1 of 8

I have a client who wants a pink champagne (sp?) cake but without the alcohol. Is this possible? Does the alcohol in the champagne bake out? I told her I'd research it and get back to her. Any ideas?

7 replies
zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:15am
post #2 of 8

as far as I know the alcohol bakes out. you can also use Lorann oils, they have a champagne flavor.

zoraya Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:20am
post #3 of 8

just googled it and came across this article. looks like some of the alcohol remains.
http://www.ochef.com/165.htm

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 2:22am
post #4 of 8

Oh, wow! That's an interesting article! Guess I won"t go with the "baking it out" idea. The Lorann's champagne extract has no alcohol, right?

zoraya Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 8

as far as I know, no alcohol in the oils.

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 8

I just checked the label of my LorAnn champagne flavoring......no alcohol! BTW, I've only tried it a couple of times, but tastes great...they really captured that champagne flavor.

SheriCakes4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheriCakes4u Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangriacupcake

I just checked the label of my LorAnn champagne flavoring......no alcohol! BTW, I've only tried it a couple of times, but tastes great...they really captured that champagne flavor.

How much LorAnn champagne flavor do you use, and what recipe did you use for your cake?

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:57pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriCakes4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangriacupcake

How much LorAnn champagne flavor do you use, and what recipe did you use for your cake?

Not very much...1/4 to 1/2 tsp. per batch. I think I used this recipe, but I'm sure any white cake recipe would work:
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2165/A-Better-White-Scratch-Cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%