Cereal Treats

Baking By Sparklycake Updated 14 Feb 2011 , 1:37pm by Sparklycake

Sparklycake Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

Food Network is a new station to me and I notice that Cereal Treats are used a lot for modelling. What way do you make them up, is it with melted marshmallows or white chocolate?

3 replies
Karen421 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:02am
post #2 of 4

I use marshmallows, but then will give it a coat of white chocolate before I put on the fondant. icon_smile.gif

kkswmmr114 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:05am
post #3 of 4

I made the cat with the hat in my pics using RKT (rice krispie treats) and although I haven't had much more experience with them it worked really really well. I made them using the recipe on the Rice Krispie box but I added just a few chips of white candy melts and I also used only half the butter. This helped it to be a little more sturdy than regular RKTs. Another thing is that you need to mold them as soon as they are made. And use ALOT of pressure to kinda smoosh the cereal and make it so that there aren't many bumps. You don't need to use icing to make the fondant stick to it when you decided to cover it, but you can use it if you would like. I used modeling chocolate this time and I think it reduced the amount of bumps I had the first time. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Sparklycake Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for that information. I used ordinary chocolate on a lid for a shoe box once and i found it very hard to use without getting chocolate on the fondant, this looked so much cleaner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%