Marshmallow Fondant- Help Please!

Decorating By Roody Updated 12 Feb 2011 , 10:10pm by Ambar2

Roody Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roody Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 3

I making a cake covered in buttercream frosting for my nieces b-day. I want to roll out the marshmallow fondant and cut out out shapes ( hearts and circles) and place these shapes onto the cake. How can I get the shapes to stay on the buttercream frosting cake?? How far in advance can I make these shapes?? How long will they be edible for?? Will they shrink OR turn rock hard. Please help ! Any suggestions or help would be great.

2 replies
sumnatjon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumnatjon Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 3

You will want to apply them while the frosting is still soft. I wouldn't make it more than 2-3 days ahead of time. I've personally had great luck covering the butter cream frosting with fondant and then applying the cut outs over that. I apply them with a semi stiff frosting. (It will dry fast that way and hold better). Good luck. Marshmallow fondant is always a hit. It tastes so good!

Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 3

It doesnt dry rock hard, thats why I love it. well for me atleast.... and apply while the frosting is wet or if it crusted then brush a tiny bit of water on the fondant shape then apply.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%