Best Way To Make Heart Shaped Cake?

Decorating By cakegirl1973 Updated 12 Feb 2011 , 8:06pm by cheatize

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 5

I just received a last minute order for Monday of a 10" heart shaped cake. I don't have a heart shaped pan. I am thinking about either carving the shape from a 10" round pan or carving 2 6" cakes (one for each half) and putting them together. Any advice as to which approach is best? TIA!

4 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 5

You should carve it from a 12-inch round to compensate for the servings you'll be hacking off. Unless the cake really can't be more than 10 inches because of the cake plate or some other requirement.

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 5

From some of my old birthday cake books, there is a way to make a heart by using a square on the diagonal and then cut a round in half and add to the curves to the two top sides of the square. Hope that makes sense.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynee

From some of my old birthday cake books, there is a way to make a heart by using a square on the diagonal and then cut a round in half and add to the curves to the two top sides of the square. Hope that makes sense.

Oh my gosh! You just sent me back a bazillion years! That's how I made the heart-shaped cake for my hubby for Valentine's while we were still dating. We've been married 25 years. icon_smile.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 5

Yep, one square and one round. I posted how to do this on my blog about a month ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%