Diabetic Friendly Wedding Cake

Baking By shaymomx5 Updated 12 Feb 2011 , 7:35pm by cabecakes

shaymomx5 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 4

Good morning,
My sister is diabetic and has asked me to do her wedding cake for early next month. She doesn't mind the fondant because she can peel that off, but she is looking at stacked tiers and I need to find a tried and true recipe for a diabetic friendly cake that can stand stacking. I believe she would like vanilla flavored cake. She asked me if I would just bake a Pillsbury SF cake with PB SF icing, but honestly not only is Pillsbury not my favorite (which I don't know if I want my name on a box variety that I don't like), but also I worry about how it would hold up to stacking 3 tiers. Would love some recipe options for diabetic friendly cake, fillings, and buttercream. thank you!

3 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 4

Perhaps just make the top tier with what she wants, then make the other tiers with your regular recipe. Most likely everyone else at the wedding is not going to care for or want to eat a sugar free cake.

cabecakes Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with SecretAgentCakeBaker. My husband is diabetic as well. Maybe you could do a whole separate cake that is sugar-free for the guests that are diabetic...even if just a small one. Typically the couple likes to save the top tier for their anniversary. This would be nice for any dieters as well. They could still have a piece of cake.

cabecakes Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 4

I agree with SecretAgentCakeBaker. My husband is diabetic as well. Maybe you could do a whole separate cake that is sugar-free for the guests that are diabetic...even if just a small one. Typically the couple likes to save the top tier for their anniversary. This would be nice for any dieters as well. They could still have a piece of cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%