Castle Towers???

Decorating By mandirombold Updated 14 Feb 2011 , 2:40am by Bskinne

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 6

can anyone please tell me the best way to make the tower on a castle? Like one on each corner, to tall 2 use RCT. I'm stumped??? Also what do u use to make the cone on top. Ps. It will ne covered in fondant.

5 replies
keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 3:40am
post #2 of 6

For the tops of the turets, (towers, I used ice cream cones. For one of my cakes, I couldn't get the rice crispies smooth, so I tossed them and grabbed paper towel rolls and wrapped them with fondant. It worked in a pinch. Hope that helps some.

oakleygirl77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oakleygirl77 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 3:53am
post #3 of 6

I used styrofoam tubes that I found at Hobby Lobby, wrapped them in fondant and then used ice cream cones on top of the towers. I used toothpics pushed into the sides of them to hold them onto the cake.

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 1:28am
post #4 of 6

I also used the styrofoam tubes from hobby lobby and for the peaks I used those sno cone cups. I actually took some from the gas station lol. I used royal icing to secure the cones to the pillar and used dowels to hold the pillars on the cake.

JReynolds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JReynolds Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 1:48am
post #5 of 6

I used rice RKT on one I did recently..turned out pretty good.

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 2:40am
post #6 of 6

You could always roll the RKT around an appropriate sized dowel and let harden (push it down evenly in a pan and let it get a little set before rolling). You can put toothpicks in the RKT to anchor it into the cake. You can coat them with candy melts to make smooth, then attach fondant. Just an idea if you want to do RKT...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%