Shelf Stable, Cherries....filling Or Bc... Help! ;-)

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 7:24pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 3

Hey all!

I need a shelf stable Cherry filling to go with a Amaretto cake...

This is a decorated cake that will need to sit out for a few days.
Do you have an suggestions on a filling? There was a request of a Cherry puree type of thing...But I'm open to suggestions.

I'm worried about the Shelf-Stable need in conjunction with the tasty factor! The recipient is a real foodie, so "Fake taste" is not good!

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 3

You can mix Cherry Jam with buttercream. Here is my personal trick. I use a shortening based buttercream for decorating cakes but for fillings I use an all butter recipe.

2 lbs of sugar
1 stick of butter
1 10oz jar of warmed jam.

I figured this out not too long ago because I have a strawberry cake that has fresh strawberries in the buttercream and it requires refrigeration. I needed something more stable and since it was for a friend, I could experiment. I used the no sugar added jam (left the seeds in just like fresh strawberries) and it tasted EXACTLY like the fresh strawberries but it didn't weep and it was shelf stable. So now that's kind of my go to recipe for fillings. To make them sound yummier I call them "Strawberry Cream" filling...Raspberry Cream...etc.

I was told pie fillings are shelf stable as well so wondering if you could puree that. Also if their adults, I would add in a little Kirsch Liquor since they're foodies.

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 3

oooh that sounds perfect! i have some time so ill play with your recipe... and also try the pie filling idea... see which i like better the liquor idea would be perfect!

thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%