Russian Doll Cake Pops-Help

Decorating By hitukk Updated 15 Feb 2011 , 1:56am by hitukk

hitukk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hitukk Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 4

So I have a client who wants cake pops shaped like russian dolls. (see picture on link below)

In theory, I thought I had the concept down. Make the cake balls the regular way, sick the smaller size on top of the larger cake ball and dip into some candy coating. I did exactly this. I created cake balls of 2 sizes, stuck them to each other using melted candy coating. When I started to dip these into the candy coating, The began to break apart at the joint. The ones that didn't break wouldn't get a smooth coating. I also tried t thin out the candy coating with some shortening. And it didnot work, I need to know how to achieve the smooth finish. I am a bit of a perfectionist and need some help on obtaining a great final product.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Link for picture: http://popbakery.blogspot.com/2010/04/russian-doll-pops.html

3 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 4

Couldn't you just shape your cake ball like a peanut? I think you would get the same effect instead of stacking 2 of them. Just make the indent deep enough so it will still show after being coated with chocolate.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetflowers

Couldn't you just shape your cake ball like a peanut? I think you would get the same effect instead of stacking 2 of them. Just make the indent deep enough so it will still show after being coated with chocolate.

I would agree; I think this is the better route.

hitukk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hitukk Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 1:56am
post #4 of 4

thanks a lot... im going to give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%