Stacking Cakes

Decorating By mayamia Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 12:48am by KMaryP

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 5

hi, I have been doing cakes for a while now, and I got a request for a wedding cake, simple buttercream but it will be 4 tiered 14, 12, 10, 8 problem is I have only done 2 tiers and feel a bit scared about the more tiers, I have been looking on you tube for tutorials and came across cakestackers.com so has anyone here tried them, I am almost convinced of buying the system lol, so please someone let me know if it really works icon_smile.gif

4 replies
beenie51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenie51 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 5

There is an sps system also which is cheaper. There is a whole topic on this system I will see if I can find it and post to you.

beenie51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenie51 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 5

Could not find the posts about the SPS system but if you go to Bakery Craft they sell the SPS system. Hope that helps.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:35am
post #4 of 5

I found it intimidating at first too. I prepared each tier while it was on the table. Then, you just stack it into place and fix the icing. Practice once and you will see it is not difficult.

KMaryP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMaryP Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:48am
post #5 of 5

Hey Beenie, maybe this is what you were looking for? It's Leah's tutorial on SPS. It's a sticky in the cake decorating forum.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.html

I find that if you click on the "X" on the second attachment window, the tutorial will open a new tab in your browser. I'd definitely use SPS if doing more than 2 tiers, but I'm not familiar with the other system you mentioned.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%