Scal Or Mtc For Cricut Cake?

Decorating By squeaky121603 Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 12:56am by leafO

squeaky121603 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squeaky121603 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 6

I finally bit the bullet and purchased the cricut cake, but haven't figured what works best yet. Anyway, I am interested in the SCAL or MTC but don't know which one is best to buy. They both are on sale now, but I am really looking for who has the best tutorials. So, my question is where is the best place to purchase either of these that offers the best tutorials?

Thanks,
Carol

5 replies
leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 6

The software is very similar, I have used both, My sister has Scal and I have MTC. I have used MTC more since that's the one that I have. I like that it has control over the cutting speed where Scal seemed to cut only one speed, though i haven't used Scal as much so maybe I just didn't know where to find that function. I mostly opted for MTC because at the time it was less expensive.

I love MTC! It's really easy to use.

I believe you can download full software versions of each one on their websites for a free trial. It just cuts a watermark through your cuts until you purchase the license. That way you can try them both and pick which one you like better. icon_smile.gif

leafO Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 6

oh! I wanted to add:

You will also need to download the trial version of Cricut Design Studio so that you can update the firmware on your cricut so it works with the MTC or SCAL software. It's really easy to do and just takes a couple of minutes.

squeaky121603 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squeaky121603 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you LeafO. I will check the trial versions of both.

Thanks,
Carol

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 6

When I try and download the trial version of Cricut design studio it says it is no longer available.. site may have moved... I really wanted to try this out. Any suggestions? We have to have this first in order to use either of the two programs, correct?

leafO Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 12:56am
post #6 of 6

Try this link: http://www.cricut.com/cds/DesignStudioTrial1.aspx

Then put in your name and email, hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%