Would You Charge For Additional Quotations??

Decorating By CakesbyChantal Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 3:29pm by indydebi

CakesbyChantal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyChantal Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 9:45am
post #1 of 3

I have a client who has requested 3 quotations for different types of wedding cakes. I had a consultation with her parents this morning as she could not make the appointment. Her parents have now requested 3 additional quotations for cakes THEY like as they are paying for the cake.
The bride has made her choice already. Should I charge for the additional quotations as these have been requested to simply keep the bride's parents happy. Thank you

2 replies
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 10:46am
post #2 of 3

I'm not really seeing their reason for getting quotes. Ok, even if they're paying, the bride made HER choice. They're wasting your time and theirs. Have you mentioned this new request to the bride?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 3

No I would not charge for extra quotes. Without knowing how you price your cakes or how much nickel-and-diming you do, once you have a basic price set up, it can't involve much more than a little tweeking here and there.

Stories like this remind me of why I had flat pricing. With only about 5 exceptions, all of my cakes were the same per-serving price, so I dont' care what pan I baked it in or how many roses or ribbons I put on the outside of it, it was all the same price. One quote .... every time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%