Need Help Right Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 9:38am by Tarina-rina

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 12:38am
post #1 of 6

I am making a 3 tier cake 8,12,18 round for anniversary. Buttercream. ONe of my 16 had to be baked over today and it sank. I will just fill in with buttercream. I have crumb coated. They are settling. The party is Sat. night. Do you think it will be o.k. to decorate tonight? I just want to get it done. I have a big box to store it in once it is done.

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 12:56am
post #2 of 6

Yes, since you have crumbcoated, i would go ahead and finish it. Just wrap the box really good to keep out air that could dry it. WRAP really good. Boy, that is a big cake. Good Luck!!!

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 12:57am
post #3 of 6

As long as your support system is strong and sturdy, you should be fine.

cms2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cms2 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:01am
post #4 of 6

I not sure what you mean by settling. Is the 16" the only one you're having a problem with? Is it sinking? Can you post a pic of what's happening? If it's sinking, my best quess would be that it's underbaked in the middle. I can certainly appreciate you wanting to get it finished and be done with it but you need to take the time now to ensure you don't have a cake disaster on your hands tomorrow (especially after you've decorated it!).

Good luck!

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:21am
post #5 of 6

It was fully baked. It sunk in the baking process. I used two flower nails.

Tarina-rina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tarina-rina Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 9:38am
post #6 of 6

Has anyone ever used Frosting Pride (which is a non dairy product that looks, tastes and works just like whipped cream). Only it never melts down nor does it need a stabilizer. It is a really great product. In California I get it at Smart and Final which is sort of like a Costco with out membership but sells in larger quantities mostly. I know some bakeries use it in their"Whipped Cream" cakes so it must be sold all over. Anyway I want to know it I can use it under Fondant to crumb my cake or would it not be advised. I want fresh strawberries and I don't really care for butter cream and fresh strawberries. any suggestions on what I should do? If you wanted a strawberry "whipped cream cake would you cover it with fondant? I want that look. I guess you can say I want the both of two worlds. Can I have both? I have been pondering over this for two weeks, now I need to start making up my mind as it is for next week! Help Please! TIA Tarina

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%