Ideas For Western Cake Seperator

Decorating By Holly123 Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 1:36pm by jlynnw

Holly123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Holly123 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 12:28am
post #1 of 11

I have a bride that wants a 2 ft cake on a 1 ft budget. Can anyone give me an idea for a "western" theme cake seperator that will lift the cake higher, Here is a copy of the cake she wants only 2 ft tall.

10 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 12:31am
post #2 of 11

You can't attach pictures at this moment, upload it into your gallery instead or if you can post a link

Holly123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Holly123 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:22am
post #3 of 11

ok...here is the picture

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1937842

Ursula40 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:29am
post #4 of 11

How many servings will she need?

Can you just biuld a block of wood from scrap wood to elevate the entire cake or ask her fiancee to do it? Just spray paint it brown/cream, cut out some horseshoes, bandanas etc from Scrapbooking paper and glue on the outside of the "stand"

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:45am
post #5 of 11

This is so silly of an answer but at the Western Wear shop here they have a gift section of western items. They have some unique ideas that might work, some as is or with just a little modification. They were reasonable priced and would be less stress than trying to fabricate something. Good Luck!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:52am
post #6 of 11

You could use the columns like for a wedding cake then cover them in fondant or rice krispies and buttercream to look like fence posts. Then have horseshoes leaning against the posts.

kkswmmr114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkswmmr114 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 2:29am
post #7 of 11

You could do a seperator wrapped in rope...

Or covered in fondant and make it look like leather. That would be really cute with that style of cake!! I would do it in the dark brown color then just put leather designs on it.

Or wrap it in a brown or cream colored bandana...

Or making it look like a fence post is a good idea too...

I'll let you know if I can think of anything else!! (I live this style... in the Texas panhandle... icon_smile.gif )

Ursula40 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 2:50am
post #8 of 11

Quite honestly though, her budget problems are not yours.

Either she setlles for a smaller cake, enough to feed the people she has invited, scale down the entire party to accomodate her budget or she can make her own separator, so that the cake looks larger (or buy, if she has the money)
Even if you have to make one or buy one, it's your time and money, which she has to pay for.

I make nearly all of my own party decorations (in addition to the cake), because a.) it's fun, b.) it's cheaper and 3.) I can hardly find anything here to fit my crazy themes and ideas.

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 3:29am
post #9 of 11

I was thinking smaller square cake dummies wrapped in a fondant leather belt. I like the rope idea too.

Or, just do the bottom tier as a dummy.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 4:18am
post #10 of 11

What about using a slice of wood from a log that still has all the bark on it for the cake stand? That would give you some height. You could even burn their initial or intials into the bark or make a small plaque with the monogram on it and trim the plaque with rope and attach it to the bark stand.

For separators, you could use the regular grecian columns and make cowboy boots or cowboy hats to go around them.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:36pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmomof1

What about using a slice of wood from a log that still has all the bark on it for the cake stand? That would give you some height. You could even burn their initial or intials into the bark or make a small plaque with the monogram on it and trim the plaque with rope and attach it to the bark stand.

For separators, you could use the regular grecian columns and make cowboy boots or cowboy hats to go around them.

I like this idea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%