2 Liter Soda Bottle Cake

Decorating By Olenmetra Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 2:44pm by leily

Olenmetra Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 3

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! I want to make a cake shaped like a 2liter GingerAle soda bottle. It's my husbands favorite soda and I want to surprise him with it. I'm sure I'll need to cover with fondant. Then, how in the world do I get it to look JUST like the soda (words, picts and all)? PLEASE HELP!!! I wish there was a cake pan for it. And oh... I would like it to be 3D, to stand up and not lay flat.

2 replies
brensmom12 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 3

You could make the bottle part from maybe 6" cakes and use RKT at the top for the neck then cover all in green fondant. For the label you could do edible images. Good luck!

leily Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 3

Make sure you are using supports (dowels and board) for every 4" of veritical cake. A soda bottle is a pretty easy shape since you don't have to carve much cake. I also would use round cakes stacked and then carve the top (or use RKT) I'm thinking a bottle is only about 5" round though so I would use that size of cake.

To cover in fondant you'll probably want to wrap it around the bottle instead of trying to cover a tall cylindar shape. Just cut a large rectangle (premeasure to your cake) roll it up, stand it up on end and un roll around the "bottle"

Quote by @%username% on %date%