Very Excited, Ordered A Cricut Cake!!

Decorating By Davwattie Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 8:45pm by Davwattie

Davwattie Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:52am
post #1 of 4

I know lots of you in US have bought these but over in the UK they have not long come out in the shops and are £400!! even on ebay they a between £325-350 icon_surprised.gif

I really wanted one as ive got arthritis in my knuckles and wrists and cutting lots of small things out always comes back on me the next day so thought this machine would make my life easier.

I read somewhere on here about them being cheaper at overstock.com and luckily they deliver to the UK.

So I've ordered from them and even with shipping and Tax it has cost me £264 whoohoo!!! and it even comes with the extra all seasons cartridge thrown in

Cant wait to have a play and hopefully use it on my sis in laws engagement cake in April thumbs_up.gif

Off to have a nose through all the cakes done usin cricut cake now icon_lol.gif

3 replies
emrldsky Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 4

My only other suggestion is to spend time playing with it to get a handle on how it works before you need it for a cake.

Many many many people have purchased one only to become frustrated with the machine and feel it was a waste of money.

I purchased the mini cricut cake and I LOVE IT! I got the hang of it quickly, but I'm also a techno-geek (I love gadgets and learn how to use them in short order).

I would just hate for you to have spent the money only to become disappointed. Watch tutorials, read posts from others with tips and tricks and remember...as with any new gadget, there is a learning curve, so take the time to play around with it. icon_smile.gif

HTH and Good luck!!!

sebrina Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 4

I'm with emrldsky. Use it before you need it! But it is a great tool, if you are willing to figure it out. Trial & error is the only real way to learn with it. That being said, it is my new fav tool!
These are some of my cricut cakes...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1913436
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1913420/1913421

Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Davwattie Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the tips

I dont need it to do the sis in laws cake as what I'm doing can be done without.

I plan on having lots of practice with it using fondant and cookie dough (ive made a new choc cookie recipe that is so like fondant I actually made a sort of rose out of it lol so think it would be perfect for the cricut)

Ive looked at the fantastic cakes in the gallery that used it and have hit youtube to watch loads of videos

What would we do without the internet thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%