Fondant Cutters And Chocolate Ganche

Decorating By baking4life Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 9:47pm by bobwonderbuns

baking4life Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 6:30am
post #1 of 6

I wanted to know if it was possible to use fondant cutters with dry chocolate ganche? I want to cut out hearts to put them as topper on my cupcakes but I never used chocolate ganche before nor used the cutters with the ganche. I need you guys the experts to help me out. If it is possible how do I go about to make it happen. Your ideas are greatly appreciated . icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Coral3 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 6:59am
post #2 of 6

I imagine it would have to be a very firm ganache to start with and would need refrigerating/freezing before trying to cut out shapes. And I guess you would need to avoid handling the shapes with your hands, because the ganache would quickly start to melt on contact with your fingers.

I don't really know though, having never tried it myself, but I'm very interested to hear what those in the know have to say about it.

sillywabbitz Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 7:48am
post #3 of 6

Have you thought about using candy clay? I used it for polka dots on cupcakes and it worked (and tasted great).the recipe is on Wiltons website.

baking4life Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 6

thanks you for your help. I never knew that there was candy clay. I will totally look into that. You guys are great.

drakegore Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 6

if you want chocolate, use modeling chocolate. it has far less issues than candy clay (has less fat). it is only semi-sweet chocolate and corn syrup and couln't be easier to make.

or, you could buy chocolate colored candy melts and use a mold to acheive what you want. i suggest the chocolate candy melts for molding (instead of real chocolate) because it does not need to be tempered.

diane

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 6

Try using candy melts with a transfer sheet similar to how she did it: http://sugarcoatedmommy.blogspot.com/2010/09/spinning-leaf-molds-chocolate-transfer.html

If you check the chocolate addict's www, she does the same thing (and has DVDs on it!) icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%