Fondant Cutters And Chocolate Ganche

Decorating By baking4life Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 9:47pm by bobwonderbuns

baking4life  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking4life Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 6:30am
post #1 of 6

I wanted to know if it was possible to use fondant cutters with dry chocolate ganche? I want to cut out hearts to put them as topper on my cupcakes but I never used chocolate ganche before nor used the cutters with the ganche. I need you guys the experts to help me out. If it is possible how do I go about to make it happen. Your ideas are greatly appreciated . icon_smile.gif

5 replies
 Coral3  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 6:59am
post #2 of 6

I imagine it would have to be a very firm ganache to start with and would need refrigerating/freezing before trying to cut out shapes. And I guess you would need to avoid handling the shapes with your hands, because the ganache would quickly start to melt on contact with your fingers.

I don't really know though, having never tried it myself, but I'm very interested to hear what those in the know have to say about it.

sillywabbitz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 7:48am
post #3 of 6

Have you thought about using candy clay? I used it for polka dots on cupcakes and it worked (and tasted great).the recipe is on Wiltons website.

baking4life  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking4life Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 6

thanks you for your help. I never knew that there was candy clay. I will totally look into that. You guys are great.

drakegore  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 6

if you want chocolate, use modeling chocolate. it has far less issues than candy clay (has less fat). it is only semi-sweet chocolate and corn syrup and couln't be easier to make.

or, you could buy chocolate colored candy melts and use a mold to acheive what you want. i suggest the chocolate candy melts for molding (instead of real chocolate) because it does not need to be tempered.

diane

bobwonderbuns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 6

Try using candy melts with a transfer sheet similar to how she did it: http://sugarcoatedmommy.blogspot.com/2010/09/spinning-leaf-molds-chocolate-transfer.html

If you check the chocolate addict's www, she does the same thing (and has DVDs on it!) icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%