Pricing For Royal Icing Transfers (Rit)

Decorating By Newatdecorating Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 2:46pm by TexasSugar

Newatdecorating Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 3:25am
post #1 of 3

How do you go about pricing your transfers? I've got someone interested in a cake that I made for my daughter that had seven approximately 3-inch transfers. Should I price each transfer separately?

2 replies
cherrycakes Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 4:54am
post #2 of 3

I would lean towards deciding how much I would like to be paid an hour for my work and then estimate how many hours it would take to do them (don't forget to include colour mixing time). I did a RIT for my daughter's cake as well and I don't think anyone could pay me enough for the time I spent on it! Don't sell your time for any less than what it's worth!

TexasSugar Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 3

What are the rest of the decorations on the cake? If the cake is simple other than the Royal Transfers, then I wouldn't charge anything extra. Just like I wouldn't charge extra to do a FBCT, or a bunch of buttercream roses or basketweave...

Some designs to take a little extra time to make, but you have to look at the big picture. By doing a bigger design element like the transfer, is that giving you less other things to do on the actual cake? Basket weave may take a little more time to do, but when you do it, you don't have to spend extra time getting the sides of the cake all smooth.

If you weren't doing the transfers, then you would have to be doing other decorations for the cake, would you charge extra for them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%