Sugar Diamonds

Sugar Work By Buttercream_warrior Updated 15 Feb 2011 , 9:19pm by Buttercream_warrior

Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 1:41am
post #1 of 4

im sure this has been discussed before..but i saw a cake on youtube that blew my mind!! it had an edible cake topper that looked like a billion diamonds..i know you can always order some but i would much rather make it myself..has anyone had any experience trying to make these?? should i buy the isomalt sticks or the crystals..really iffey on this..or should i just buy them premade? heres the link..i hope it shows up any help would be soooo appreciated!

3 replies
cakenovice2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenovice2010 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 4:11am
post #2 of 4

I haven't attempted to make anything with isomalt yet (I'm terrified of burning myself). But from what I have heard from people who have been badly burned by isomalt sticks in the glue guns I would go with the powder instead.

I have bought sugar diamonds and just given them a polish with some cooking oil or vodka so they are clear.

I think the cake in that video might have been done using a disco dust overtop to get that big sparkle effect. icon_smile.gif

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 4:32am
post #3 of 4

I've made the gems from Isomalt they are fairly simple to make, the molds are pretty cheap too. I agree with cakenovice2010, looks like disco dust was added. You should ask the designer, a lot of those youtubers are willing to share their knowledge.

Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 4

thanks yall!! i have disco dust so that would be really cool to try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%