Wow Wow Wubbzy

Decorating By DEEsserts Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 2:49am by msulli10

DEEsserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEEsserts Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 1:35am
post #1 of 5

Hello Bakers!

I need to make Wubbzy from the Nick Jr. show- Wow Wow Wubbzy as a 3D cake, I was just wondering if anyone has any easier ideas than what I am coming up with, also ideas for arms and legs--these do not need to be edible! I was thinking of making sheet cakes and cutting them in half and stacking them of course using dowels to prevent them from sliding off each other, maybe 3-4 layers? Ice and cover in fondant?

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated! =)

Thank you!

4 replies
Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 1:41am
post #2 of 5

You can use dowels and rice krispies for the arms and legs...just cover dowels in fondant for the skinny part and use the rkt for hands and feet.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 1:52am
post #3 of 5

I didn't know who Wubbzy was so I googled him. Then, I googled, Wubbzy cakes. There are many photos of you look. The simplest thing seemed to be molding a small figure out of mmf and placing him on the top of a cake. He didn't look very difficult to do. Kind of Sponge Bob-ish.

Hope this helps,
Good Luck with your cake!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:25am
post #4 of 5

The easiest way would be to make the cakes using bread loaf pans. Then inbetween each layer you would put either cardboard or foam core board inbetween. Then you would have three dowels one in the center and then one on each side. Carve your top corner so that their rounded. I would make his tail and his arms out of RCT using some wires or pvc piping to hold it up. You can use modeling chocolate as well over the pvc which might be easier. And definetly Sponge Bob-ish like tokazodo said. The only difference is he has that big black nose and you have to get the tail down. Wubbzy is all about his "kooky tail" !! But it really shouldnt be too hard to do.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 2:49am
post #5 of 5

I made a wow wow wubbzy cake (http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1706509). I made the figure out of rice krispy treats and covered it with fondant. The arms and legs were just fondant and I secured them with toothpicks. I decorated the rest of the cake with other characters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%