Federal Principal Business Code

Business By Voce Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 11:12pm by Voce

Voce Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 3

AHHHHHH! First time doing my business taxes and I think I am going to pull my hair out. This question is for anyone that is a registered business with their state and the IRS. What Federal Principal Business Code do you use? I was thinking 311800- Bakeries and Tortilla Manufacturing? But it could also be 445291- Baked Goods Retail Store, but I don't have a store front I rent kitchen space from a catering company. Here is the website I have been looking at. http://www.taxalmanac.org/index.php/Principal_Business_Activity_Codes Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
jason_kraft Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 3

We also have a rented commercial kitchen with no storefront, and we used 722300 - Special food services (contractors & caterers). The code you use has no effect on your taxes, the IRS just uses it for statistical purposes.

Voce Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 3

Ahhh I must have missed that one. Thank you so much you have made this process a tad easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%