Way Too Fluffy!!

Baking By baking4life Updated 15 Feb 2011 , 5:11am by Renaejrk

baking4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking4life Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 6

I have a chocolate receipe that I got from my cake decorator teacher. Every time I make this recipe it comes out way too fluffy that when you eat it It falls apart. Why is that happening to me? It's too soft to ice it. Here is my recipe:
1 chocolate cake mix
1 cup of flour
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 of vegetable oil

Please help I am trying to make chocolate cupcakes for this weekend.

5 replies
AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 6

Try the Durable Cake for 3D and Wedding Cakes recipe on this site and make it with chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding. I can tell you that the vanilla is wonderful!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 6

That's my go-to cupcake base recipe (the durable one from this site)... it's never ever failed me. ever.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 6

That is basically the chocolate version of WASC. I absolutely HATE that recipe for cupcakes! It's like biting into a dish sponge! Blecch!

I have found that chocolate cupcakes made with DH Devils food cake mix, following the recipe on the box, makes the best chocolate cupcakes!

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 6

I have to agree with Diane that the DH devils food cake mix is the best! People always ask me how I make them so moist. icon_biggrin.gif

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 5:11am
post #6 of 6

I use a wasc recipe for my cupcakes, but mine is different - it only uses 2 TBSP oil instead of 1/2 cup, and it uses 7.5 oz of eggs (you can measure or weigh -how many eggs varies on the size but usually about 4-5) and 2 tsp of vanilla. They are dense, moist, and delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%