Mini Cupcake Wrappers Peel Off

Baking By mrboop Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 7:51pm by sillywabbitz

mrboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrboop Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 2

Ok. When ever I make mini cupcakes about 10 minutes after thay come out of the oven the paper liners start to peel off. It doesn't happen to all of them just some. And If I put the cupcakes in a plastic container in about an hour the paper is laying on the bottom of the the container. I don't have this problem with standard cupcakes just the minis. I have lowered the heat and have bake them a little less but they still keep peeling off. I am using the Wilton mini white baking cups that are available at Michaels. Any suggestions? It is very frustrating.

1 reply
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 2

Normally I have this problem with the Celebration papers at Michael's not the wilton white ones. Moisture builds up under the cupcakes if you leave them in the pan after they come out of the oven so maybe you're leaving them in the pan too long? If you put them in anything air-tight any moisture in the cake can cause the liners to peel away so generally it is recommend that you put them in standard bakery boxes not plastic air-tight containers like tupperware.

This kind of stuff drives me crazy. Sorry it's happening to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%