Maryland Info?

Business By birdlady9771 Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 6:15pm by smallville187

birdlady9771 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 6

I remember seeing a thread on this recently, but after pages of seaching I can't find it.

Anyway, I'm moving down to Elkton,MD shortly and was wondering what the laws were. If anyone has info or the link to that thread, I'd really appreciate it.


5 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 6

Is this the post you a looking for? If so, it is a sticky at the very top of the business forum.

scp1127 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 3:41am
post #3 of 6

I am pretty sure the whole state requires a separate kitchen, I'm not sure about detatched. The requirements are the same as for any restaurant. You can contact the state dept of health in Annapolis. They are great to work with. You can also contact the health dept where you will be moving. They will send you an application along with the requirements. Maryland has one of the highest sets of requirements. I only have to do a few extra steps concerning policies to be FDA approved.

smallville187 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 6

I found the information from the department of agriculture which shows any licensing information from the dept of health. here's the link hope it can help some. I know that I relocated from NY and am in the transition of what's required in Aberdeen.. good luck to you..

birdlady9771 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 6

smallville187: thanks for the info. I'm moving to Elkton but will be working on Aberdeen Proving Ground - relocating from Ft. Monmouth due to the closure of the base.

smallville187 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry to hear about the closing there! Good luck at APG, it's really a great area, we love it here. Let me know if you need any help along the way. I'd be happy to share what I know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%