Will A Name Look Good On Stripes?

Decorating By hobbymommy Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 4:43pm by sillywabbitz

hobbymommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hobbymommy Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 4

I have a Minnie Mouse cake coming up in the very near future. Top tier will be hot pink w/large white polka dots. I will shape a fondant #1 to lean on this tier (front side/not top). There will be M. Mouse ears on top w/a light pink bow. Mom wants the bottom tier to be white w/light & hot pink stripes. I'm a little confused as to how to go about adding the name. It's a 5 letter name. Mom does NOT want a banner, which would be the only way possible I can think of to make a name look well on this cake. Is the cake board itself my only option here? I was planning on using the Curlz tappits or even shaping the letters just like I will do the #1. I can't seem to find any cakes on here with names on stripes. I'm stumped. What would YOU do?

Thanks in advance,
Crystal
SAHM to Maddy (10, HLHS), Natalie (6, Healthy), Neveah (almost 3, kidney TX on 8/12/10), & 1 Angel (m/c on 11/15/0icon_cool.gif

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 4

Wow. First, I'm totally impressed that you got permission from Disney to use the Minnie Mouse image. They're usually so difficult. Go you!

The board is a fine choice for the name. If the stripes are wide enough, you could certainly use one letter per stripe, using the space in between the stripes for letters also, so 3 letters of the name on stripes and 2 letters of the name on the icing in between the stripes. You might also be able to put the name on one of the ears.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 4

Name on stripes (sort of)
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1168986

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 4

I like the Elmo example...with the letters between the stripes and kind of crocked. I did something similar on squares in my Cars cake http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1922025.
I think on the cake board is fine as well.

Leah_s, just saw your signature congrats on your win. That's great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%