Strawberry Cake Recipe

Baking By NataliaD Updated 5 Mar 2011 , 5:50pm by icer101

NataliaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NataliaD Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 4:22am
post #1 of 12

I am watching Fabulous Cakes and one of the bakeries were using strawberry cake. Anyone has any good recipes for it?

11 replies
modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 2:43am
post #2 of 12

This is the recipe I use:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/strawberry-cake-from-scratch/Detail.aspx

It's extra delicious if you throw in freeze dried strawberries at the end, right before baking.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 8:06am
post #3 of 12

Yep, that's a good one! icon_biggrin.gif

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 8:26am
post #4 of 12

I just used the one on here called "Easy strawberry cake from a mix" this weekend for my birthday cake and it turned out really well. Only change I had to make was that I had to strain the strawberry puree because my dad has diverticulitis and isn't supposed to eat seeds (although he would have eaten it anyway because he loves sweets like me lol). So that was a major pain but it worked. I made the "Creamy & Firm Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling Perfected" recipe for the filling and frosted it with "Crusting cream cheese icing" (minus the shortening because I hate using shortening). Everyone seemed to like it a lot even my dad's friend who claims to hate anything made of cream cheese (we didn't tell him what the filling and frosting were and he came back for a second piece after having a piece twice the size of everyone else's to begin with lol.)

NataliaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NataliaD Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 12

Thank you guys! icon_smile.gif

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by modthyrth

It's extra delicious if you throw in freeze dried strawberries at the end, right before baking.

I use freeze dried strawberries, too. What brand do you use? I need a mass producer, lol. Everybody seems to always want a strawberry cake. I buy the ones from Target, but they only come in a 1oz. package.

modthyrth Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistachioCranberry

Quote:

I use freeze dried strawberries, too. What brand do you use? I need a mass producer, lol. Everybody seems to always want a strawberry cake. I buy the ones from Target, but they only come in a 1oz. package.

I usually use the packages from Trader Joe's. They're a reasonable price, better than what I can get them for at most other stores around here.

If you need them in bulk, though, look into Augason Farms brand. We have a lot of Mormons in this area, and because of that, our local Super Target carries 1lb8oz cans of dehydrated fruits and other interesting freeze-dried products. Apple was around $18, and the raspberries and strawberries were $25ish, if I remember correctly.

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 4:25pm
post #8 of 12

We have a Trader Joes here, so I will have to check them out. It looks to be about the same price for the Augason Farms, since they would have to ship them to me. Target charges $3 for 1oz.

modthyrth Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 12

Yeah, the price seemed about the same as the Augason Farms in my memory, which is why I didn't buy it. I don't need vast quantities at a time, so I might as well just get the Trader Joe's variety.

Actually, I probably didn't get it because I knew my 7 year old would eat them all in a couple days, and that's a very expensive snack. icon_wink.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 5:01pm
post #10 of 12

I use the WASC recipe, and puree fresh strawberries, and add them in, when fresh isn't available, use frozen.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 5:21pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:

I have never tried the freeze dried strawberries but this recipe is great!!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 5:50pm
post #12 of 12

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%