3D Wilton Stand Up Bear Help Asap

Baking By IwantcookiesS Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 3:59am by HeyWife

IwantcookiesS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IwantcookiesS Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 1:30am
post #1 of 11

I have to make the cake by thrusday and its not working, keeps falling apart and sticking to the pan. Ive used to batters and I also used non stick spray on the inside of the cake pan. Help me fix this please!

10 replies
vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:01am
post #2 of 11

I've never used this pan, but assuming that there are lots of details (bumbs) in the pan.

I would grease (crisco) and flour ... cross my fingers.... and hope for the best.
I've always used wax paper in my pans, if the pan allows it I would line with wax paper and try that ? again, not familiar with the pan so its your call

HTH

martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:20am
post #3 of 11

I have used this pan plenty of times and I have not had a problem. I would make sure that you are really getting all the areas greased and floured well. GOOD LUCK!! icon_smile.gif

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:28am
post #4 of 11

Are you using a straight box mix? I think those are not sturdy enough for a 3D pan. I did the lamb 3D and that was in the instructions.

Also, I would use homemade cake release. It has never failed me since I discovered it here on CC. Equal parts veg oil, crisco and flour. Mix together until creamy and fully incorporated. Slather on the pan with a basting brush.

HTH! Good Luck.

bigwheals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigwheals Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:55am
post #5 of 11

Hey I just did that cake yesterday and I've done it couple other times and I always use wilton cake release just make sure you get every nook and cranny with it and dont let the finished product set in pan more than ten minute the cake sweats and causes to get sticky

bigwheals Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:56am
post #6 of 11

Hey I just did that cake yesterday and I've done it couple other times and I always use wilton cake release just make sure you get every nook and cranny with it and dont let the finished product set in pan more than ten minute the cake sweats and causes to get sticky

bigwheals Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:58am
post #7 of 11

bigwheals Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:58am
post #8 of 11

bigwheals Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:59am
post #9 of 11

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:23am
post #10 of 11

I've made this cake many times. Cooking spray is not going to work. You need to shortening every crevice of the pan very well and then dust it with flour. Tap the pieces to remove the excess flour.

For the cake batter, you can use a boxed pound cake, I believe it takes two of them or use one boxed pound cake mix and one boxed regular cake mix together, both made according to the package directions. I found that my WASC recipe is too moist and soft and falls apart. The boxed pound cake has always worked best for me.

Make sure you cool it according to the directions. Don't try to open the pan until it has cooled about 10 minutes.

HeyWife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeyWife Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:59am
post #11 of 11

I use cake release and grease the crap out of it. Usually I use the WASC recipe from here and it works fine. I've heard of others adding a box of pudding mix to the regular cake mix too. To release the bear from the pan, i usually lay it on it's side, take off one half of the pan, let the cake cool in the other half of the pan for 10 min or so, then put some plastic wrap in the pan half that was removed. Place that pan on top of the cake, flip over and remove the other half of the pan and let the cake cool. Then you can just wrap up the cake and refrigerate it for a bit to become more firm. Always works great for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%