Need A Vibrant Hot Pink Colour?

Decorating By stiffalus Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 3:09pm by stiffalus

stiffalus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stiffalus Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 9

i need a really bright pink but i always end up with quite a dull pink. i would love to know is there a certain colour i can buy to do this or do i have to mix the colours i use the wilton concentrated pastes to colour my fondant.
any advice would be much appreciated.
TIA X

8 replies
Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 9

I bought some electric pink Americolor off ebay and it gives a nice hot pink colour, I used it on the disco theme anniversary cake i did last year, i only used a bit and got a lovely colour.

Just type americolor into the ebay search under cake decorating

Davina

Ali3971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ali3971 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 9

Electric Pink by Americolor

TucsonGina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TucsonGina Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 9

I agree, Americolor's Electric Pink is great. I used it on the topsy turvy in my photos. Much better than Wilton's and easier to use icon_biggrin.gif

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 9

wilton's rose in the gel colors is great for hot pink.

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 9

Don't know how y'all feel, but I'm ready to throw out all my Wilton colors after I discovered Americolors! They are wonderful! I can actually get real black and real real red fondant with no trouble.

mistypup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistypup Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 9

Americolor Electric Pink gel color is good for coloring fondant. But if you have an airbrush, you can get a true hot pink with Americolor Electric Pink airbrush color.

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 6:05pm
post #8 of 9

I really like americolor too but they are hard to find in my area so I use wilton colors too. For a hot pink I use just a smidge of the wilton burgundy color. It makes a really nice vibrant pink when you only use a tiny bit. icon_smile.gif

stiffalus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stiffalus Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 3:09pm
post #9 of 9

thanks for allyour responses i will try and order that americolour stuff. just hope i can get it here in the uk,. thanks for your help x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%