What Kind Of Pasta Roller?

Decorating By skaggs1 Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 6:17pm by sillywabbitz

skaggs1 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 15

What kind of pasta roller does the best job? I am looking into buying one but not sure which one is the best.

14 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 15

If you have a Kitchen Aid mixer, buy the pasta roller attachment because then it's hands free. I had one of those that clamped on to your counters. One, it didn't clamp on to my counters ( I didn't have a big enough lip) and when I could get it stable, it was a royal pain to crank and hold onto the fondant as it came out. If they make an electric one without the mixer, I would go with that. The crank one just really didn't work for me.

ChRiStY_71 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 15

Have you used the KA attachment? I would be interested in knowing how well they work...thought about getting one! icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 15

I have the KA pasta roller and use it all the time..........I love it!

GGFan Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 15

How do you clean your pasta roller?

tiggy2 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 15

I use a damp rag BUT NEVER TURN IT ON WHEN CLEANING! It will never work again after it eats the rag. Hasn't happend to me but I believe what Jennifer Dontz says on the matter.

GGFan Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 10:56pm
post #7 of 15

Thank you Tiggy icon_smile.gif

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 11:05pm
post #8 of 15

As everyone else said, if you have a KitchenAid, the get the attachment. If you don't, then Atlas is the brand to get for a stand alone. They make an attachment to make it electric.
If you don't have a KitchenAid and are looking at getting the Atlas electric, you may just want to save the money and put it toward buying a KitchenAid mixer. A lot of times when you get the mixer, you can get a special dealmon your first attachment.

Look around for deals on the attachment. I got mine for $99 on sale from Sur La Table. It came with the pasta roller and linguine cutter. It's not on sale right mow.

Check the department stores, like Macy's and Kohls. Sometimes if you have a coupon you might be able to get a deal.

tiggy2 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 12:18am
post #9 of 15

If you just want the KA pasta roller you can get it at Bed Bath & Beyond for $50

Raini Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 12:33am
post #10 of 15

how wide is the KA roller?

vlk Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 1:10am
post #11 of 15

Very cool, I need to look into adding some fun to my KA mixer! To bed/bath and beyond I go......

Peridot Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 1:13am
post #12 of 15

KitchenAid is the best and you won't be sorry you bought it.

tiggy2 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:50am
post #13 of 15
Originally Posted by Raini

how wide is the KA roller?

I haven't measured but I'm guessing 5-6"

Raini Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 5:53pm
post #14 of 15

is there anything bigger out there that you know of ?

sillywabbitz Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 6:17pm
post #15 of 15

All the pasta rollers I have seen are all pretty narrow. For something significantly wider that would be a sheeter, but I have never seen anything between the two.

I love my kitchen aid pasta roller. Definately have it off when you're cleaning it. I haven't broken mine but I've had some ....shall we say ...."struggles". So definately clean it will it's off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%