Help With Frosting And Filling Pairing On Chocolate Cupcake

Baking By Kamstor Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 5:45am by ChristyCakes77

Kamstor Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 3

Hello,

I have a bride who wishes to have a chocolate cupcake with a white buttercream frosting and an unknown filling in the center. She said I can choose the filling however, the frosting must be white in order to go with the red velvet and cream cheesing frosting cupcakes I am making.

At first she wanted a chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream but all of the recipes I have for PB Buttercream is tan and she did not want that. So then we were on to plan B. She is open to having a chocolate PB cupcake but I am not sure what (white) buttercream would pair nicely with that. Any suggestions would be helpful or any other pairings that involve a chocolate cupcake with a filling and a white buttercream.

Thanks for the help

2 replies
ryannrochelle Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 3

I did chocolate cupcakes with york peppermint patties in them, then topped with mint/vanilla buttercream. They were delish! Just an alternate choice if you can't find a happy PB medium.

ChristyCakes77 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 5:45am
post #3 of 3

What about a chocolate/peanut butter ganache filling and white chocolate buttercream? Or cherry pie filling with the vanilla bc or IMBC for a black forest-type cupcake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%