Looking For A More "pliable" Mmf Recipe!

Baking By MaggieBakes Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 7:32pm by MaggieBakes

MaggieBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaggieBakes Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all icon_smile.gif

I am just writing this to see what some preferred MMF recipes are. At the moment, my MMF doesn't really follow a recipe but I make it like this: heat marshmallows in a bowl, add a tad of water and vanilla extract and food dye, stir, then just keep adding icing sugar til it's dough-like and not too sticky.

I love my fondant and have had quite a few clients mention that they prefer the taste to other fondants and that it's not too waxy/greasy. So hoorah! BUT, I do find it slightly difficult to work with/roll out. Meaning, I really need to work at it... I get a workout from it! I guess it's kind of.... "tough"?

Anyway, recently purchased some regular fondant from Winners as they were clearing it out (strange, I know) and I LOVE WORKING WITH IT. It is SOOOOO easy to roll and use. It's so soft. Just a dream! I've also noticed that it's pretty greasy.

SO, I guess I'm wondering if there are any MMF recipes SIMILAR to mine that have some oil, etc, in them, and if that makes them easier to roll?

Thanks!

6 replies
mjnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjnj Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 7

You can add food grade glycerin.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 7

I heat mine up, just a little, it's so much easier to work with when it's just 'slighly' warm.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, add glycerin. Macsmom's recipe, found on this site uses it and it makes a very pliable, manageable fondant.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 7

Hi, i don,t make mmf. but i do make michelle fosters fonant. but then i make toba garrets also. I love the magic line cream bouquet flavoring in it. these recipes have glucose and glycerine it them also. I also make carrie biggers recipe. It is the cream bouquet that makes the taste so great. so if you stick to your mmf. just add some glycerine to the recipe. you can ever add few drops after it is made. hth

sarkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarkee Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 7

I make my own MMF as well and had the same issue. I had corn syrup to mine and it alot easier to work with. if it still seems a little "tough" I do heat it up for just a few seconds and then it's good to go.

MaggieBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaggieBakes Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys! How much glycerin would you recommend to use? Just a little?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%