Pop Tart Cake?

Decorating By Karadactyl Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 7:58pm by sillywabbitz

Karadactyl Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 5

I need some help! I'm making a cake for my Dad's birthday party on the 27th. I wanted to do a Pop Tart cake. He adores them and eats them almost constantly. Any ideas on how to pull this off? I was thinking of using 9 X 13 pans. I was hoping to make it look like one laying on top of another, kinda of like a hand of cards, just two Pop Tarts instead. I was going to try to make it look like a bite was taken out so you could see the filling. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

4 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 5

I think this is an adorable cake idea. I would do single layer cakes ( no more than 2 inches high each) because if you do a full double layer that is 4 inches it will look like a box of pop tarts.
As long as you keep them thin and taper the edges around I think you've got a pretty straight forward cake on your hands. Base coat would be kind of a light brown, top would be frosted in white BC or white fondant and then if he does a flavor, maybe some sprinkles.

I just had an image come to mind. How many people do you need to feel...because you could do a double layer as the box and have a 1 inch layer kind of hanging out the top at an angle that is the pop tart with a bite out of it.

I think you will be able to pull this off if you just get your proportions right (meaning width vs height of the pop tart.)
Good luck.

Karadactyl Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 5

The cake needs to feed 20-25 people. I was going to do peanut butter WASC with chocolate SMBC covered in fondant.

Karadactyl Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 5

The cake needs to feed 20-25 people. I was going to do peanut butter WASC with chocolate SMBC covered in fondant.

sillywabbitz Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 5

Ok then doing the box idea is way too much cakeicon_smile.gif I think baking two layers, putting a cake board on under each and then just placing the second on top of the first kind of at an angle should work fine for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%