Transformers Cake

Decorating By Alycat613 Updated 2 Mar 2011 , 8:54pm by Alycat613

Alycat613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alycat613 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 4

I just got a request to make a cake for a friend's little boy. He LOVES transformers and has some ideas for me, but I'm not sure where to go from there. He wants Bumblebee and Optimus Prime fighting Megatron on the cake. I'm not sure of my ability to sculpt figures (I have never done it before and not sure I want to try on this cake). Any ideas on the base of the cake? Some sort of scene to start with?! Any help would be great please! Thank you in advance for any help!!!!

3 replies
RonniG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RonniG Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:18am
post #2 of 4

I made a transformers cake last year, it was the Optimus Prime truck. The base came out great!
It was a deep blue buttercream and the border was red, yellow and orange mixed to kind of look like flames. I ran a bag of oreos through the food processor to look like gravel.
I included a pic, hopefully it works.

RonniG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RonniG Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 1:19am
post #3 of 4

for some reason it's not taking, so I will upload it to my pics so if you click on photos under this comment it should be there shortly.

Alycat613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alycat613 Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you SOOO much for a cute idea!!! Sorry I didn't get back sooner...trying to move and come up with and make cakes is difficult. Great job on the cake, I LOVE it!! Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%