Well, This Was A Nice Change Of Pace!

Decorating By VanillaCoke Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 6:09pm by Dayti

VanillaCoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaCoke Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 6

Had a couple here this past weekend for a tasting. They wanted a 3 tier topsy turvy cake, colors to match the bridesmaid dresses, feed around 130... custom filling, fondant, flowers, etc. Even *I* was cringing as I ran the ever increasing numbers ( I do NOT undercharge!) . Gave her the quote and she says "WOW! I was expecting it to be a LOT more!"

icon_eek.gif Now that I've never heard.

5 replies
VanillaCoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaCoke Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 6

And they booked on the spot. Sometimes I just love my job. This lady is totally buying me a new mixer.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 6

I love when I get people like that thumbs_up.gif , on the other hand hate when I get "wow! are you serious?" thumbsdown.gif

Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_N_Spice_Cakes Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:57pm
post #4 of 6

If she has any friends in S. Fla, can she send them my way.
LOL

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 6

It rarely ever happens, but when it does it almost makes up for the countless hours you spend with the cheap skates.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 6

New mixer for you icon_biggrin.gif
I had one couple this past weekend, dropped in to the shop with no appointment, and I had another couple coming in like 30 mins. They arrived early icon_rolleyes.gif So I quickly wrote the cupcake, cake and cake pop prices on the back of a business card, gave them a few cupcakes and a pop to take away and asked them to get back in touch if they needed anything... they did, paid the deposit, no hassle at all, and are the second biggest spend of mine so far this year. Yay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%