Mmf Where Have You Been All My Life....

Decorating By MelissaMay Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 6:28am by MelissaMay

MelissaMay Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 9

Just made MMF for the first time! Why didn't I do this years ago! Goodbye $60 bucket of fondant...I wont miss you!

8 replies
FlourPots Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 9

I hear you!

I use it exclusively thumbs_up.gif

Maydo Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 9

It is just SUCH a pain to make and not always perfect. Where do you get your MM? I buy my powdered sugar at Costco. Do you add clear vanilla? Do you use your mixer?

Claire138 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 9

I agree with you! I love MMF and use it for everything, I used to mix it by hand but recently started mixing it by machine and have to say that the texture is much smoother and easier to roll out. Love it!

ConfectionsCC Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 9

I have to ask, where are you making this from (state) I live in South MS and I HATE MMF because the humidity RUINS IT every time I have made it! Sugar doesn't like humid weather, so Satin Ice seems to be the only fondant that works for me!

Pamcakes3 Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 9

How much MMF do you get out of a single recipe? I'm going to need about 8-10lbs for a cake this weekend and I'm making the fondant for it...

Texas_Rose Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 11:11pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamcakes3

How much MMF do you get out of a single recipe? I'm going to need about 8-10lbs for a cake this weekend and I'm making the fondant for it...

Depends on your recipe...mine has 2 lb powdered sugar and 1 lb marshmallows, so it makes about three pounds of fondant icon_biggrin.gif

ceeceebee Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 1:04am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaMay

Just made MMF for the first time! Why didn't I do this years ago! Goodbye $60 bucket of fondant...I wont miss you!

Would you be willing to share your recipe with a beginner? My 10 year old son has been after me to try it. I am not sure where he saw it but then again he loves watching cake shows.

Thanks in advance!

MelissaMay Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 6:28am
post #9 of 9

I'm sooo sorry...just checked back at this post. I buy my marshmallows at BJ's they are generic mini ones
I live in MA and the weather here is unpredictable, but if you have used fondant before you have a baseline for the consistency that it should have, so I just try to mimic that once I get the MMF going.
I add princess flavoring which is white in color so it doesn't affect the colorof the finished product
The recipe is from this site "Rhonda's ultimate MMF" it's great
I tried using my mixer but it was just more of a mess and it was actually better when I mixed by hand. Rhonda's recipe instructs you to add about 7c of PS (i think) and mix with a wooden spoon. After that Ijust turn the MMF onto my island onto a big (sifted) pile of PS and just work it all together.
I honestly will NEVER buy fondant again, and the compliments on the taste have been overwhelmingly positive! HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%