Question About Insurance Policies

Business By bellaudreycakes Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 3:17am by Mfattore

bellaudreycakes Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:39am
post #1 of 2

Those of you that deliver cakes in your own cars not a company vehicle but your own, do you include insurance on your vehicle in your yearly insurance? Hope this makes sense, but I got a quote from an insurance company for my store front cake shop and they told me that since I am using my own vehicle for deliveries that I would need additional coverage through them because my regular car insurance company wouldn't cover an accident if I was on a delivery. Is this what you all have too, my DH thinks they are trying to sell me something I don't need, he says how would they know you were on a delivery? Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks

1 reply
Mfattore Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:17am
post #2 of 2

That is correct in my area anyway. You need separate coverage for your deliveries. My aunt has a business and one of her employees got in a fender bender while running a work-related errand. The employee's insurance was not responsible for the damage, my aunt's business was. Whether or not your insurance would ever know the difference is a whole different question but you legally do need separate coverage.

Quote by @%username% on %date%