Cutting Support Boards??

Decorating By ginger6361 Updated 11 Feb 2011 , 12:24am by ginger6361

ginger6361 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:33am
post #1 of 5

On the Ultimate Cake Off, they are always trimming, shaping, cakes. Can someone tell me what kind of board is between the cakes? I thought maybe styrafoam, but seems like cutting that would end up with shavings in the cake. Thanks

4 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 4:07am
post #2 of 5

Usually those boards are just regular cardboard rounds. In some cases, when extra support is needed, the cardboards are doubled up.


ginger6361 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 4:16am
post #3 of 5

They look thicker than the regular cardboard rounds. And does the cardboard get in the cake then when shaping?

BlakesCakes Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 4:22am
post #4 of 5

You can usually get any cardboard shards off of the sculpted cake pretty easily just by brushing them away, and in the end, it's a "natural" fiber.

You can use foam core, but it's a lot harder to cut and of course, those scraps are styrofoam...............


ginger6361 Posted 11 Feb 2011 , 12:24am
post #5 of 5

OK Thanks Rae!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%