Decorating By Balusekc Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 3:13am by cheatize

Balusekc Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 1:36am
post #1 of 7

I'm going to put a stenicl on a fondant cake, and I was going to use the candy melts, but I'm not sure if that will work. Can I use store bought icing? I'm wanting to use chocolate icing and I like the store bought better than the chocolate buttercream. TIA for all your help. You guys are always so helpful!

6 replies
2508s42 Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 1:41am
post #2 of 7

I have never tried candy melts to stencil, but there is no reason why you cant use store icing. Just be careful not to smear it, as the store icing wont crust as well.

Balusekc Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 1:58am
post #3 of 7

I didn't even think about the crusting issue. Is there a way to make the store bought icing crust, like add ps?

pattycakesnj Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:11am
post #4 of 7

I just use RI on all my stencils

Balusekc Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:17am
post #5 of 7

Sorry for all the questions, but can you make a chocolate RI? Can you make a small amout of RI, I don't need a lot?

pattycakesnj Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:56am
post #6 of 7

you can make a small amount of RI by just halving or quartering the recipe. I just use brown coloring to make a chocolate colored RI, don't know if you can put cocoa powder in instead

cheatize Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:13am
post #7 of 7

I've put cocoa powder in RI. No problems at all. You may have to add a dab of water if the cocoa powder makes it too stiff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%