80% Of Inquiries Come In On Mon Or Tue. ?

Business By VanillaCoke Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 10:49am by leily

VanillaCoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaCoke Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 3

Since the new year, I've noticed the vast majority of brides call/email me on Monday or Tuesday, between noon and 4 pm. Is this strange? All I can think of is that they get to work early in the week, and start wedding planning on their lunch hour out of boredom... anyone else getting this?

2 replies
Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 7:02am
post #2 of 3

Nope. I think this is normal. Most of my clients, not just brides, want to book early in the week for late week events. I think that maybe people may just be busier trying to close the work week and plan for the weekend. The new year jump may be due to the number of events (weddings, holidays, birthdays, graduations, etc) that happen during this time of the year.

For me what I do find odd is that those that inquire around 11pm -5am no matter the day of the week are typically not my clientele. I take online inquires as well as by phone. Occasionally I get the overnight voicemail. To me that is strange.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 10:49am
post #3 of 3

I don't find it strange. They probably spent the weekend working on plans and made up a list of people to call early in the week. Then start making calls over lunch and breaks while at work. Making the call early in the week also gives them a chance to have back and forth throughout the week if needed and finalize something by the end of the week (either an order, or setting up a tasting etc...) so it's one thing checked off their to-do list for the week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%