Rbc And Mmf Cookie Help!

Baking By Wjk Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 2:22am by ALVARGA

Wjk Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 7:03am
post #1 of 6

I'm going to be using a mix of RBC and MMF for the first time. I'm also going to be using an edible image on top. I'm having a slight freak out, I always do this when trying something new icon_smile.gif

Can I add coloring to the RBC/MMF mix?

Is it ok to use the edible image on top of the RBC/MMF mix? Can I package the cookies individually after applying the image or do they need to dry over night?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
ALVARGA Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 6

I make cookies with MMF all the time and use royal icing to accent it. I also use the edible images. You can color both with no ill effects. When you apply the edible image let it dry overnight before you package them. I do not recommend buttercream because it does not dry stiff and it will get squashed once you package the cookies. Hope this helps. icon_biggrin.gif

Wjk Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much for the response.

With the edible image, are you saying I should just use MMF and not a MMF/RBC mix?

Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

ALVARGA Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:22am
post #4 of 6

I am not sure what you mean by a MMF/RBC mix. Do you mix the two together or use the RBC to apply to MMF for accents such as writing or borders? If you are going to use RBC for accents such as writing then no I do not recommend that you use it. Use royal instead. It will dry stiff and you can stack your cookies and package them with no damage. Hope this helps.

Wjk Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 6

This is the recipe I was planning on using

I've always done cakes and now I'm venturing into cookies. icon_smile.gif

ALVARGA Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 2:22am
post #6 of 6

I got it...yes you can use this for cookies. It should work just fine. Good Luck....

Quote by @%username% on %date%