Modelling Chocolate

Decorating By DinasSugarShack Updated 7 Feb 2011 , 8:01pm by The_Puzzler

DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 2:19am
post #1 of 8

I live in Mississauga, ON, Canada. Does anyone know where I can buy modelling chocolate? I would rather not order it online.
Thanks

7 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 4:38am
post #2 of 8

I've never bought it , but it's pretty quick and easy to make. There's a recipe on here. But basically it's Wilton candy melts and syrup.

MRSBSB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MRSBSB Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 4:56am
post #3 of 8

Hey there,

There is a store near you called Golda's Kitchen, they have a website: www.goldaskitchen.com and they have all sorts of goodies in there. If you are very near, I think you can go to the store, but if not they are great for ordering online. I am unsure if you can get the modelling chocolate there, but they have a whole stack of other goodies you might like!

Brenda

DinasSugarShack Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 8

Funny, right after I posted this, I went on Golda's kitchen website and found the white modelling chocolate. And they are very near my house.
Thanks for your replies
I will try the make it yourself too and see what happens

DinasSugarShack Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 8

Funny, right after I posted this, I went on Golda's kitchen website and found the white modelling chocolate. And they are very near my house.
Thanks for your replies
I will try the make it yourself too and see what happens

The_Puzzler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Puzzler Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 8

Hi,
I live in Mississauga as well and I just buy them from Bulk Barn, they're the Merckens brand. I pick up the white Corn Syrup from them too. It's really easy to make your own. There are some great videos on youtube.com. This is a good one to view, if you want/need to:

You can also buy the Wilton kind from Michael's.

The_Puzzler Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 8

Hi,
I live in Mississauga as well and I just buy the melting wafers and white Corn Syrup from Bulk Barn to make my own. They're the Merckens brand. It's really easy to make your own. There are some great videos on youtube.com. This is a good one to view, if you want/need to:

You can also buy the Wilton kind from Michael's.

The_Puzzler Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 8

Sorry for the double post!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%