Thank You!!! And Hello!

Decorating By Xenas Updated 7 Feb 2011 , 9:02am by Cupcations

Xenas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xenas Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 2:17am
post #1 of 8

Thru this wonderful site I have found a great recipe from Sharon's Sugar Ed tutorial and her icing recipe!! Awesome!!! I also have made my own filling for my cake from scratch!! Oh and my cake is from scratch too!!! Very good!!! Soo now I am going to be searching on how to turn my wonderful white cake into a spice cake??

Thank YOU!!!

7 replies
bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 2:34am
post #2 of 8
awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 3:10am
post #3 of 8

Welcome! This place is great.

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 3:22am
post #4 of 8

Welcome Xenas! This site is awesome and the stuff you'll learn, priceless. A good tip for searching for things on this site: go to Google.com, type in what you want and add "on Cake Central" at the end. Nine times out of ten, the first item Google returns will be exactly what you wanted. Works so much better than searching endlessly directly at this site. Have fun here!

Xenas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xenas Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 4:52am
post #5 of 8

Thank You sooo much for the advice!!
It amazes me what people do with these cakes!! I don't think I will be doing any weddings in my future... However one never knows.
Can't wait to learn to decorate.... But I figured I best learn how to make a good white cake and icing first...
What chocolate makes the best chocolate cake any advice for that??
I don't like cocoa dry from hersheys.. SOoo I will have to order from the internet I would bet. Any tips on that??? I like hersheys love it. But that cocoa that is at the grocery just doesn't do it for me...
Can I melt hershey chips??? or not??? Ohhh lots to learn. Thanks ladies!!!

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 5:08am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbieCakes

Welcome Xenas! This site is awesome and the stuff you'll learn, priceless. A good tip for searching for things on this site: go to Google.com, type in what you want and add "on Cake Central" at the end. Nine times out of ten, the first item Google returns will be exactly what you wanted. Works so much better than searching endlessly directly at this site. Have fun here!

i've been on this site for awhile and i just found out the google trick! so much easier =D

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 5:14am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenas

SOoo I will have to order from the internet I would bet. Any tips on that???

my absolute favorite place to order from online is w w w . f o n d a n t s o u r c e . c o m (spaces so the website won't be blocked). use the promo code c a k e c e n t r a l to recieve 10% off on top of their already super low prices! i've always recieved my products very quickly and the customer service is great! hth!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 9:02am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbieCakes

OMG, seriously.... lol that single post should be a Sticky!!
the search engine on the site sucks!
hardly gives you anything & if it does you cant go further than page one
thank you sooo much thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%