Grease Stained Cupcake Wrappers???

Baking By catlharper Updated 7 Feb 2011 , 9:38pm by Loucinda

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, so yesterday I decided to make cupcakes for a friends birthday and had the brilliant idea of making my own decorative wrappers (found the template here). But once I'd spent all that time cutting out (and yes, the Cricut cartridge for $40 is sounding REAL good right now) the buttercream icing stained the edges of the paper and I had to trash those and just go with the liners I'd used to bake them in instead. Pretty but not the WOW finish I was hoping for. Can I, should I, line the inside of the decorative paper with wax paper? I read somewhere that you can iron it onto regular paper...does that work? Can someone help me? I'd really love to do this for Valentine's Day but don't want the same result.

Thanx!
Cat

5 replies
catlharper Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 6

*BUMP* Still hoping for an answer from our cupcake community! No matter how stupid I might be being please tell me the solution or what YOU use for homemade cupcake wrappers???? Thanx!

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 6

I have never had a problem with staining, I usually use regular paper or cardstock. I always frost them after putting them in the wrapper to be sure the icing doesn't touch.....sorry I couldn't be of more help!

catlharper Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 6

Actually that IS a help. I did frost them after but the frosting did touch the edges. I wonder if that's what everyone else does too? Not let the frosting touch? Hopefully others will answer as well with their tips.

thanx!
Cat

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 6

If you wanted the buttercream to touch the wrapper the only other thing I can think of to help might be is to put a thin laminate coating on them and cutting it out. They would be reusable if you were just throwing a party at home or for a relative but I'm sure no one would save them at a wedding icon_wink.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 6

If you post this in the cupcake section, you may get some extra ideas! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%