How Will Whip Cream Frosting Work To Make This Cake

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 3:03pm by Brendabeeper

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 3

friend is looking to have made Chinese take out boxes with a print on them saying Happy New years in Chinese letters. she doesnt want fondant *unless its just the letters, and roses on top. and I was going to do it in buttercream , Now she is requesting a whipped cream. Will this work, I have never worked with the whipped cream frostings, WILL THIS WORK ? and will roses hold up? Anyone got a good receipe? Can I still do the Viva paper towel technic on whipped frosting? a bit worried and have three days to do it in . Will try to attach photo of what she is looking for

2 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 3

There is no way I would use whipped cream to decorate a cake like that. I only use it on dessert cakes because it is difficult to work with IMO. Maybe try a flour based icing (aka mocked whipped cream)? I've had better luck with that. IT holds up a little better.

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 3

thank you so much , I am just going to let her know butterrcream or no cake , I would prefer to use fondant but I really didnt think whipped frosting would work ....thank you for the reply

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%